Sarasota Elder Law Attorney Assists with Long-Term Care Plans
Comprehensive planning maximizes your protections
A prolonged medical crisis can prevent you from working, eat away at your savings, and threaten your family’s future. As an experienced long-term care attorney, Teresa K. Bowman, P.A. in Sarasota helps you minimize this risk through advanced planning. I can also help you protect yourself and your family as much as possible when an injury or illness strikes unexpectedly. With more than 10 years of experience in this area of the law, I am able to carefully evaluate your situation, clearly explain your options, and work to develop a plan that fully addresses your needs.
Dedicated attorney helps you implement a plan for your long-term care
As an elder law attorney, I can help clients with both advanced planning before illness strikes and urgent strategizing during a health crisis. Areas where I commonly assist clients include:
- Asset protection — I propose strategies to shield your assets from liability, which includes bills from healthcare providers as well as liens for Medicaid. With advanced estate planning, you can transfer assets to trusts or directly to relatives.
- Long-term care insurance — I have a detailed understanding of employer-provided and personal long-term care insurance and can review policies to assess whether you are getting the coverage you are paying for. I also represent clients in claims disputes with insurers.
- Medicaid and Medicare benefits — I help clients plan for Medicaid eligibility and counsel clients on getting the maximum benefits from Medicare.
- Special needs trusts — If you have a loved one who will require long-term care, I can help you establish a special needs trust to fit their circumstances.
- Veterans benefits — Military service entitles you and possibly your family members to a wide variety of important benefits. Unfortunately, complicated rules and bureaucratic red tape often prevent veterans from obtaining the relief they have earned. I make sure that you receive medical care, disability and any other benefits you deserve.
While a lengthy health crisis can strike anyone at any time, serious medical issues become more likely as we age. But a plan for long-term care can give you and your loved ones great peace of mind.
Contact a capable and concerned Florida lawyer for advice on long-term care plans
Teresa K. Bowman, P.A. handles a full range of long-term planning concerns for clients in Sarasota and Manatee counties. Please call 941-735-5200 or contact me online to schedule an appointment at my office in Sarasota.